Any uniform questions may be addressed to our Pack Uniform Chair, Cristal Startz, at
Uniforms and Standard Patches may all be purchased at the online Scout Store or in person at our scout store, Musselmann Scout Shop, 2226 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, Texas. Their phone number is 210-341-8611 ext.6.
Advancement and Award Patches, belt loops and pins are only obtained by the Pack Advancement Chair.
Why Do Scouts Wear Uniforms?
The Boy Scouts of America has always been a uniformed body. There are many reasons for this. One reason stands out above all the rest. We wear the uniform because it is a means of identifying ourselves openly with the principles to which we are committed: character development, citizenship training, and physical and mental fitness.
The fact that youth and adult members of Scouting wear a uniform doesn't mean that we're all alike. We come from different ethnic and racial backgrounds. We have our own religious beliefs and political views. We are each individuals with our own family traditions and loyalties. So the uniform is not intended to hide our individuality, but it is a way we give each other strength and support. It is a bond that ties us together in spite of our differences. It is a way of making visible our commitment to a belief in God, loyalty to country, and to helping other people.
The Scouting movement is built on positive values. As we wear the uniform, we are openly identifying ourselves with those values where everyone can see us. We stand together in encouraging others to live by those same principles. Boys and adults alike should take pride in belonging to such a movement and wear the uniform as it is intended.
Cub Scout Pack 114 full Class A Uniform consists of:
· Cub Scout Blue Shirt or Webelos Tan Shirt
· Navy Blue Pants/Shorts or Webelos Olive Pants/Shorts (NO denim)
· Rank-Specific Hat, Neckerchief and Slide
· Rank-Specific Belt
· Rank-Specific Socks (if wearing shorts).
· Close-toed shoes. (NO sandals, crocs, etc.)
Cub Scout Pack 114 Class B Uniform consists of:
· Red or Tan Pack 114 T-shirt
· Denim Shorts/Pants (no athletic shorts, floral, swimming, etc.)
· Close-toed shoes (NO sandals, crocs, etc.)
Cub Scout Pack 114 Activity Uniform:
· Dens may choose to have a den activity uniform to be worn at den outings and den meetings.
· Special activity uniforms may be worn on occasion, i.e. day camp, cub and one, etc.
*Special Note: Failure to wear the appropriate uniform may result in you being unable to participate in an event. Be responsible and make sure you have the correct uniform on as well as all of the pieces. Leaders should set a good example by upholding the standards of the uniforms.